Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what exactly do i need to download an HD movie to my ipod?

could someone please suggest what app i need to download HD movies on my Classic Ipod 160GB ??

Thank you

iPod classic, Windows 2000

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 5:43 AM

1 reply

Apr 17, 2014 12:57 PM in response to debbyellen1234

Hello debbyellen1234,

Thank you for the details of the issue you are experiencing with transferring videos to your iPod classic. As you suspected, HD videos are not supported on the iPod classic, but you can download an SD version of the video if you purchased it from iTunes:

HD videos purchased from the iTunes Store are offered in 720p or 1080p and are compatible with iPhone 4 or later, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation or later), Apple TV, and computers. You may need to download your purchased video from iTunes in the Cloud in a lower resolution for your device.

Use the steps in the section titled "Download previously purchased content in a lower resolution" in the following article to download the Standard Definition version of your videos:

iTunes: Sync purchased HD videos to iPod or iOS device

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4223

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

what exactly do i need to download an HD movie to my ipod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.