Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store - Changing old Apple ID to a new one defintively

Hello,

I want to install new apps on my mac but an old Apple Id is proposed. I want to change it, because the old one is inactive.

But the "Popup" does not allow to do it.

I tried to Disconect and reconnect with the new Apple Id but the old one comes again and again ...

Some Ideas,

Thank you.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 8:10 AM

Use the sign out function in the Mac App Store's Store menu to sign out of the old Apple ID and into the new Apple ID.

User uploaded file

However; content is forever tied to the Apple ID that bought it. Apple does not transfer content from one Apple ID to another. Apple does not merge Apple IDs. You will never be able to access your content bought with another Apple ID with a new Apple ID.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2014 8:10 AM in response to Ernafromgland

Use the sign out function in the Mac App Store's Store menu to sign out of the old Apple ID and into the new Apple ID.

User uploaded file

However; content is forever tied to the Apple ID that bought it. Apple does not transfer content from one Apple ID to another. Apple does not merge Apple IDs. You will never be able to access your content bought with another Apple ID with a new Apple ID.

App Store - Changing old Apple ID to a new one defintively

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.