Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sync error

Has anyone experienced a Sync Error Message -39 when syncing their iPod? When syncing my iPod Classic to our family iMac, I get an Error Message 39 - the iPod cannot sync. In reviewing the iPod, it appears that the music is syncing but the iPhoto Library is not being updated. I have searched the on-line community and cannot get a clear explanation on the meaning of Error Message -39. Thanks in advance for your help. JSexton

iPod classic, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 7:08 AM

1 reply

Apr 17, 2014 2:37 PM in response to altecjohn

Hello there, altecjohn.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up information on your exact error message. It's found in the section entitled: "Specific Conditions and Alert Messages: (Mac OS X / Windows)":

iTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3297

"Error 39"

1. This can be caused by outdated iTunes software or web accelerators.

2. To resolve, download the latest version of iTunes for Windows at apple.com/itunes/download/
    If already on the latest version, look at disabling or uninstalling any web accelerator software and restarting.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

sync error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.