Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S iOS7 & iOS7.1 WiFi either drop after a minute on any networks or "unable to connect"

I was on iOS7, without any change on the phone or router, one day I couldn't connect to my home WiFi anymore or any other WiFi networks. At the beginning it can't connect to any network net all showing the message "unable to connect". After a week or two, I started to be able to connect but still drop every minute and barely able to send/receive data. Knowing that other comps or iphone can connect to my home WiFi without problem.

The I updated iOS to 7.1, but WiFi still reacts the same way.

Already tried every level of reset on my iPhone, including completely wipe the phone or static IP setting but the problem is still there. Also reconfiguration the router , already reinitialize, change to specific SSID/password, change channel, set specific MAC address but seem to solve the problem.

Who ever experienced this EXACT SAME PROBLEM, please tell me how you solved it.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 6:55 AM

2 replies

Apr 17, 2014 1:43 PM in response to McKev1

Hello there, McKev1.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up some practical steps to try for Wi-Fi being grayed out and additional steps to follow if the issue continues to be unresolved:

iOS: Wi-Fi settings grayed out or dim

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1559

Follow these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Restart your iOS device.
  2. Make sure that airplane mode is off by tapping Settings > Airplane Mode.
  3. Reset the network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
    This will reset all network settings, including Bluetooth pairing records, Wi-Fi passwords, VPN, and APN settings.
  4. Make sure that your device is using the latest software. To do so, connect your device to your computer and check for updates in iTunes.

If you still can't turn Wi-Fi on, please contact Apple for support and service options. If you can turn Wi-Fi on but are experiencing other issues with Wi-Fi, see how to resolve those Wi-Fi issues.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

iPhone 4S iOS7 & iOS7.1 WiFi either drop after a minute on any networks or "unable to connect"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.