Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How would I use a credit card for In-app purchases instead of my gift card credit?

I have a gift card credits linked to my account, but I do not want to use it for an in-app purchase. I want to use my credit card for the purchase. Is there any way around this?

iPhone 5

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 8:44 AM

You can't for in-app purchases, when you have a balance on your account then that will automatically be used for your purchases.

For other types of purchase you can try gifting the item to yourself so that your credit card is charged (gifting can only be done via a credit card), but you can't do that with IAPs.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2014 8:44 AM in response to Petersan808

You can't for in-app purchases, when you have a balance on your account then that will automatically be used for your purchases.

For other types of purchase you can try gifting the item to yourself so that your credit card is charged (gifting can only be done via a credit card), but you can't do that with IAPs.

How would I use a credit card for In-app purchases instead of my gift card credit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.