Hello there, jimlinda.
The following Knowledge Base article offers up some good recommendations for troubleshooting issues with calls on your iOS device:
Follow the steps below to resolve this issue. Please test after each step:
- Toggle airplane mode: Tap Settings > Enable Airplane Mode, wait five seconds, then turn off airplane mode.
- Check your phone settings:
- Ensure that your software is up to date:
- If the iPhone has a SIM card, reseat the SIM card.
- If the iPhone 4 or iPhone 4s is on the Verizon network, dial *228 from the iPhone and select option 2 to update the Preferred Roaming List (PRL). The PRL determines the cellular towers the phone uses for cellular service, selecting those with the best signal strength.
- Reset the network settings: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Try to make or receive calls in another location.
- Attempt to isolate to one network band:
- If you're having the issue on LTE, disable LTE, if possible, and try again.
- If you're having the issue on 3G/4G, disable 3G/4G, if possible, and try again.
- Contact the carrier to check the following:
- Your account is properly configured to use the specific iPhone that has the issue.
- There are no localized service outages.
- Your account doesn't have a billing-related block.
- Your calls don't have errors on the carrier system.
- Restore the phone as new.
If the above steps don't resolve the issue, go to an Apple Retail Store, carrier, Apple Authorized Reseller, or contact AppleCare to send the phone in for service.
Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.
in this with my same problem I felt a drop of signal quality on iphone 5s, the whole procedure and did not avail, I have several friends who are in the same situation, I believe it is because they do not have to turn off the 3g, 2g and let 5 has the same bound, so has the option to turn off the 4G, or overall mobile data
My iPhone 5s reception is just terrible. I use it in the same area that I used my iPhone 5 but the reception is much worse.
Just got an iPhone 5s and I'm sooo disappointed ! Really !
From 4s to 5s there is a huge drop in quality reception. Places where I could make calls and use data with out any problem, are now 'dead zone'
Should have paid more attention to this when buying the phone. I regret my purchase now.... :/
After 4 iPhones, my next smartphone might not from Apple...