Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Keynote 6.2, when hooked up to a VGA projection system, the first embedded video I try to play causes Keynote to freeze. After a restart (mb pro retina) it works fine. Thoughts?

Embedded videos in Keynote 6.2 play fine in office. But when I hook the MB up to a VGA projection system, the first video I try to play results in a complete freeze of Keynote. Requires force quit and restart of MB. Upon restart, all works perfectly. Why does it crash on the first attempt? Note, these Keynote files were orginally created in past versions of Keynote and have all been "upgraded" to Keynote 6.2. So all the videos existed (and worked perfectly) until the upgrade to 6.2. Thoughts?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 9:45 AM

2 replies

Apr 17, 2014 12:34 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Agreed, Gary.

KN6 still does rather idiosyncratic things to KN5 movie based slides which I can't yet predict. Either it stalls on the image of the movie, but doesn't play it, or plays without sound.

So best to bring the movie out of a KN5 or earlier slide, check it functions well in QT or Quicklook, then insert it into a new slide in a new KN6 file. Oh, and check before showtime!

Les

In Keynote 6.2, when hooked up to a VGA projection system, the first embedded video I try to play causes Keynote to freeze. After a restart (mb pro retina) it works fine. Thoughts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.