Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone email setttings

If I check " Delete from server - When removed from Inbox", does that JUST delete the email from an Apple server, or also from the Hostmonster server where my email is hosted?

I'm trying to reduce the 3gb or so my iphone wastes on email I've deleted off the phone. Cant be that difficult for Apple to fix the root problem.

Thanks, Mick

iPhone 4S

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 9:55 AM

"Delete from server" applies to the POP server where your email is hosted (N/A for IMAP and Exchange servers)

Define "Apple server." Unless you're referring to Apple iCloud mail service, no email would be on any Apple server, and there is nothing to remove.

I'm trying to reduce the 3gb or so my iphone wastes on email I've deleted off the phone.

How did you determine that there is "3GB" of email remaining on your phone? Did you empty the Trash folder?

Cant be that difficult for Apple to fix the root problem.

1. No such problem exists for the rest of us

2. You realize that this is a user-to-user tech support site where Apple doesn't read posts or officially participate, right?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2014 9:55 AM in response to Michael Verran

"Delete from server" applies to the POP server where your email is hosted (N/A for IMAP and Exchange servers)

Define "Apple server." Unless you're referring to Apple iCloud mail service, no email would be on any Apple server, and there is nothing to remove.

I'm trying to reduce the 3gb or so my iphone wastes on email I've deleted off the phone.

How did you determine that there is "3GB" of email remaining on your phone? Did you empty the Trash folder?

Cant be that difficult for Apple to fix the root problem.

1. No such problem exists for the rest of us

2. You realize that this is a user-to-user tech support site where Apple doesn't read posts or officially participate, right?

iPhone email setttings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.