Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPort Express 802.11n (1st Generation)

my AirPort Express 802.11n (1st Generation) does not work with Mavericks any suggestions on what to do?

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 10:36 AM

7 replies

Apr 15, 2014 12:04 PM in response to AGENTPENA

Assuming that it is working correctly, the AirPort Express 802.11n will work with Mavericks just fine.

So, it might be a good idea to first make sure that you really do have a 1st Gen AirPort Express.

Check to locate the model number on the side of the AirPort Express. A 1st Gen AirPort Express is model number A1264, which is fully compatible with Mavericks.

However, if you see model number A1084 or A1088.....these are not 1st Gen models of the Express...and Mavericks will not support them. In this case, you would need to use a Mac running Leopard or Snow Leopard, or a PC to be able to administer the A1084 or A1088 version of the Express.

Jun 25, 2014 3:35 PM in response to kategreene

A1264 and A1392 are fully compatible with Mavericks, which includes built in versions of AirPort Utility 6.x.

You don't have to worry about installing AirPort Utility on Mavericks, since it is already built into that operating system.

If you could provide more details about the problems that you are having, we can likely help.

Aug 19, 2014 2:30 PM in response to Bob Timmons

Hello,

I just bought a Airport Extreme 802.11n Base Station and I'm currently connected to it using the internet. It's flashing amber and the box it came in shows model no. a1143. I cant seem to configure it to set a password and sercure it from the airport utility menu. It's directing me to upgrade. Im using Mavericks OS, is this compatible or meant for the land fill? Thanks

AirPort Express 802.11n (1st Generation)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.