Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DON'T Want to sync contacts

I have two Macs and an iPhone; the two Mac are one at home and one at work. I want my iPhone and home Mac to sync up and they do nicely. However the problem comes with my work Mac-- the ONLY thing I want to sync to my work mac is my Notes.

The only way I've been able to do this is via iCloud which works fine for the Notes, however even though I have everything except notes diabled I still have a problem with my home contacts appearing at work and vice versa. I do NOT want this at all; my work and home lives are completely separate and I do not need a work contact accidentally getting emails meant for a home contact and vice versa. However nothing I can find will allow me to fix this.

How do I get my contacts to stay separate?

As a clarification, my address books are not syncing but it's the previous recipients list in my Mail apps that are getting synced. If I remove someone from my previous recipients it does it for both home and work, even if I only do it on one. At this point I'd be willing to clear all previous recipients if that'll help (if you can even do that), but I have a feeling that things would continue to sync after that unless I change something else.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 1:17 PM

Don't know if it will help, but you can delete your previous recipients by opening Mail on your Mac and going to Window>Previous Recipients. You might give it a try, then see if the problem recurs.

2 replies

DON'T Want to sync contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.