Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated to Mavericks and realized my FCP project files are not there? Help!

Someone please help. I had built a new video project the other day and everythying worked fine. However I needed to edit an older job and and went to my library and when I click on the Event, my source files are there but no my project files. On the job I just did recently those projects files are there. I went to my folders where my FCP event and project files are and tried to open one of the "backup" files and that didn't work.

User uploaded file

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 12:31 PM

I'm assuming you've updated your projects and events. If you haven't, you should.

If the are updated, you should have an event named Updated Projects. Look in there.

You should access your projects through the app, not the Finder. There is no no longer any such thing as fcpproject files in the new library model.

Russ

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2014 12:31 PM in response to DFraser88

I'm assuming you've updated your projects and events. If you haven't, you should.

If the are updated, you should have an event named Updated Projects. Look in there.

You should access your projects through the app, not the Finder. There is no no longer any such thing as fcpproject files in the new library model.

Russ

I updated to Mavericks and realized my FCP project files are not there? Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.