Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to be able to choose individual songs to put into my 1st generation shuffle; however, I'm having much difficulty doing this. Any suggestions?

Please advise...how does one put individual songs (not whole albums...pick and choose songs) into 1st gen. shuffle?

iPod shuffle

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 1:43 PM

3 replies

Apr 17, 2014 11:59 AM in response to diskgolfdad

Hi diskgolfdad,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

You are referencing the correct article for syncing to your iPod shuffle. What happens when you drag your individual songs from your iTunes library to the device in the sidebar?

Syncing music to iPod shuffle

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1719?viewlocale=en_US

1. Connect iPod shuffle to your computer and open iTunes.
  2. Select the option to "Manually manage music" from the iPod Summary tab of the iPod settings screen.
  3. Select your Music, Podcasts, or Audiobooks Library or a playlist on the left side of the iTunes window.
  4. Select one or more pieces of audio content and drag them to the iPod shuffle icon under Devices.
  5. If you have turned on disk use, disconnect iPod shuffle by selecting it under Devices and clicking the eject icon (iPod shuffle is ready to be disconnected when the status light stops flashing).

User uploaded file

Cheers,

- Judy

Apr 22, 2014 12:22 PM in response to diskgolfdad

Hi diskgolfdad,

What version of iTunes are you working with? You may need to update to the latest version. I believe you are working on a Mac. If so, you should be able to see the Sidebar on the left. If you cannot, click the View command on the menu bar at the top of the window. Then choose Show Sidebar.

iTunes: How to install the latest version

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5654

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

I want to be able to choose individual songs to put into my 1st generation shuffle; however, I'm having much difficulty doing this. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.