Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro retina 13" external monitor color problems

Is anyone having problems with magenta color cast on an external monitor plugged into a 2014 purchased Macbook Pro Retina 13" laptop?

I have a Auria 27" IPS external monitor that I originally had plugged into a mid 2010 21" iMac to increase desktop space. I calibrated it with a Xrite i1 Display 2. The Auria did not display as vivid of a red color as the iMac, but I actually thought the iMac was too vivid when compared to photo prints that came from the same picture. I recently needed the mobility and bought a Macbook Pro Retina 13" and plugged the same Auria monitor in though the thunderbolt port... so Mini-display to display port. I calibrated the 2 laptop and the Auria and there was a magenta/pink cast on some, not all of the white areas and much of the grey areas. For example the apple support community page, all the areas that should be grey like the background have a pink shade to it. I recalibrated it several times with the i1 Display 2 with the same result. I plugged the monitor back into the imac and recalibrated and it was fine. I even tried the closing the laptop and opening it back trick I read somewhere and it still have the pink hue. I thought it might be the calibrator and bought a ColorMunki Display and it reduced the color but it is still there. I have tried putting idential items up on both screens and the external display is pink/magenta... and it's very eveident when you put 2 white boxes or grey boxes on each screen and compare.

I am currently just dealing with it, but was hoping that someone has encountered this and has a solution for me. I don't think it's the monitor but if it is, I am still under warranty and will exchange it. It's a confusing issue because I did not encounter the same issue on the iMac as I did the powerbookpro retina. I am wondering if it's the actual laptop that's the problem in that case I need to exchange the computer. The laptop colors are fine though?

I am running OSX 10.9.2

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 1:10 PM

There are no replies.

Macbook pro retina 13" external monitor color problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.