Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot open iPhoto with the new Maverick's update

I'm unable to open the iphoto version I currently have, ever since I have updated the software to Mavericks. I know I need to update the iphoto, but I'm also unable to do that because it says I need to use a different apple id.

I have only ever had one apple id and my computer was bought brand new, there were no previous owners and it isn't a refurbished computer or anything. Also worth mentioning that my iPhoto is version 9.3.2, so it's one of the versions compatible with the free update.

This is really a 'apple id' problem.

Is there anything I can do to fix this, without having to pay for apple support... it's rather expensive, and it would be cheaper to just buy iphoto again... although I would rather not, seeing as I already have it and it should be a free update.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 1:43 PM

2 replies

Apr 15, 2014 2:41 PM in response to mamabear4772

Please test after each of the following steps that you haven't already tried. Stop when the problem is resolved. Back up all data before making any changes.

Step 1

Select the Purchases page in the App Store and locate the app(s) in your purchase history. If there's a button markedACCEPT on the right, click it.

Step 2

If you're trying to update iLife or iWork apps that were installed from a purchased DVD, or if you have a refurbished Mac bought directly from Apple, contact App Store customer service for a redemption code. You may be asked for the part number of the DVD.

Step 3

From the App Store menu bar, select

Store ▹ View My Account

Enter your Apple ID password at the prompt. At the lower right corner of the window that opens, click the Reset button. Close the window.

Step 4

If you have a used Mac, the bundled apps were linked to the original owner's Apple ID and can't be transferred to you. Reportedly, customer service has issued redemption codes to some second owners who asked, but it's not guaranteed.

Step 5

Delete the app(s) you want to update and reinstall them.

Keywords: refunded canceled

Cannot open iPhoto with the new Maverick's update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.