Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 - Water Damage and Screen Damage

I dropped my iPhone 5 December 2013, managed to deal with it upto the end of January when I went to a party and accidentally knocked it into a drunken friends sick. I dried phone best I could as I had no rice nearby so just was a towel I used. The phone turned on and off okay however was tacky with buttons on the screen, it was bad calibration. The phone worked for 2 weeks then started having bad calibration issues again and then I got lines down the screen multicoloured so by this I'm assuming that it's water damaged. The screen is completely smashed and chipped on the rear corner and front corner. I'm just wondering if anyone knows a price it would be for a replacement at the Genius Bar (Liverpool, UK). All I get on emails, chat and phone is we'll look when you come in and after inspection the most it can be is £209 which I'm hoping I don't have to pay. I'm needing an approximate price not the maximum they charge for any inspection. Does anyone know the criteria for it to ever be £209 or anybody had this experience before? I have no idea what to take in with me money wise and no idea what they will have to do. Also regarding the SIM card, can that get damaged in anyway? And will my contract company (O2) send me a new one for free of charge if it's rusty broke or whatever?

My iPhone 5 is in warranty, I dropped it last year and paid £170 to get a replacement but apparently prices have changed. My warranty runs out the end of April 2014/beginning of June 2014.

Thank you

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 2:33 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone 5 - Water Damage and Screen Damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.