Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MPK49 not being recognized

I have a 2009 silver unibody MacBook (not pro), now running Mavericks. I just bought an MPK49 used, and am trying to set it up. I plugged the MPK49 in, and it turns on. However, it seems that it is not being properly recognized by the MIDI setup.

I've opened up the Audio/MIDI Setup utility, and there is now a new device, inactive, labled "MPK mini" with manufacturer "AKAI PROFESSIONAL,LP" with model "MPK mini." I never had this before, and have never even owned another Akai product. I tried to create a new device in the MIDI setup, and am undable to find the "MPK49" model under the "Akai" manufacturer.

That aside, I decided to try to set it up in Reason. Under the Control Surfaces tab in Preferences, I found a new device had been added, an Akai LPD8 (again, I don't own one of these). It was marked with the "Reason can’t find the MIDI port selected for the control surface. Please make sure that the MIDI interface or device is properly connected and turned on." warning. I tried to change the device to an MPK49, but Reason could not detect it--either when I tried to "Find" the In-Port, or when I used the Auto-setect surfaces tool.

...Help?

MacBook (13-inch Aluminum Late 2008), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 2:09 PM

2 replies

Apr 15, 2014 2:44 PM in response to jhenshaw4

Is there any manufacturer support, as in new drivers, for Mavericks OS X 10.9.2? This is where some answers may be based, if not some other source for a compatible driver update.

If you had an older OS X installed on an externally enclosed fast-RPM hard disk drive or SSD, set to boot the computer, an older system may support the device or any older drivers available for it.

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

MPK49 not being recognized

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.