Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airplay rented movies to apple tv

I have a macbook pro 13 inch (non-retina). I have a apple tv third generation that is connected to panasonic 65 inch plasma tv - TC-P65ST60 via HDMI. Through itunes, I rented a HD movie. I tried to stream the movie to my TV thorugh airplay on my apple tv. However, it says that my set up was not HDCP compliant. I have also tried streaming other HD movies via airplay, and a gray screen appears.

One of the reasons I wish to do it this way, is to have the movie already downloaded on my comptuter. when I try streaming the move from itunes, there has been a significant amount of lag.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 2:43 PM

10 replies

Apr 15, 2014 10:10 PM in response to patcho

The movie needs to be fully loaded before it is available. A rental will only stream from iTunes if it is purchased on Apple TV. If it is slow to load then it indicates an issue with the local network.

If on wifi try Ethernet. Make sure router is up to date, reboot ATV and router. Go to istumbler.net to get a report of the network, look for signal strength and noise.

airplay rented movies to apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.