Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My airport shows a blinking yellow light? Can't connect to the internet.

Help

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 7:25 PM

5 replies

Apr 15, 2014 7:29 PM in response to Amyapple1

Information??

We cannot work on thin air.. you have a problem.. what is the problem as shown in the airport utility when you click on the red circle under the express??

What is the whole network setup?

How is the express connected to it?

Pressed in little power button on the back. Now it's solid yellow

That is not good.. what model is it? A1xxx number from the label on the side or bottom.

Power it down wait a few minutes and power it up again.

Was it working before and stopped or has it never worked in your network??

Apr 15, 2014 8:00 PM in response to Amyapple1

Whenever major network changes are made.. eg.

My husband switched out TV cable boxes and had to unplug something.

Then you need to reset the AE back to factory and redo the setup from scratch.. it is near impossible to fix when the network has been altered apart from that.

BTW.. what exactly did hubby unplug??

How to reset.

Unplug the power to the Extreme..

Hold in reset and keep holding it on while you plug power back in.. get hubby to help. You need 3arms to do it.

Count to 10 slowly all the while waiting for the front LED to flash rapidly.. about double the speed of the normal slow flash.. release the reset.. and wait a couple of min for the Extreme to reboot.. then run through the setup again.

If your current setup has a router, then setup in bridge. I suspect this is what it is otherwise your other stuff would not work.

If you still have trouble.. what is the modem make and model??

My airport shows a blinking yellow light? Can't connect to the internet.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.