Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to upgrade protected songs to copy to memory stick?

Need to use a memory stick to put music in the car. All songs copy to the file, but will not play if they are protected. Other threads said to use iTunes+, but I can't find that anywhere on ITunes. How to unprotect music so I can listen in the car?

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 8:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2014 6:36 AM

Hey nancy solomon!

If you have songs that you have purchased in the past that are DRM protected, then the best way to upgrade those files will be to subscribe to iTunes Match:

iTunes Store: iTunes Plus Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1711

Can I upgrade my previously purchased music to iTunes Plus?

Yes. If you subscribe to iTunes Match, you can download your previously purchased music again in the iTunes Plus format. To do so:

1. You need to delete the original DRM song from your library first. Doing this enables you to download the song again in the iTunes Plus format from iTunes in the Cloud.
  2. Click the Purchased tab in the iTunes Store.
  3. Click Music.
  4. Locate the artist of the song you want to upgrade.
  5. Click the iCloud Download icon next to the song you want to upgrade.

Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2014 6:36 AM in response to nancy solomon

Hey nancy solomon!

If you have songs that you have purchased in the past that are DRM protected, then the best way to upgrade those files will be to subscribe to iTunes Match:

iTunes Store: iTunes Plus Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1711

Can I upgrade my previously purchased music to iTunes Plus?

Yes. If you subscribe to iTunes Match, you can download your previously purchased music again in the iTunes Plus format. To do so:

1. You need to delete the original DRM song from your library first. Doing this enables you to download the song again in the iTunes Plus format from iTunes in the Cloud.
  2. Click the Purchased tab in the iTunes Store.
  3. Click Music.
  4. Locate the artist of the song you want to upgrade.
  5. Click the iCloud Download icon next to the song you want to upgrade.

Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

how to upgrade protected songs to copy to memory stick?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.