Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Express doesnt see modem

My brand new airport express will not connect to cable modem. The cabel modem's lights are all working, the one that isnt comes one when it transmits/recieves on an eithernet port. I have another cable modem combo from my internet provider that I can use to assure that the internet is indeed working (when the coax is plugged into it I get wireless internet). Its not the cable internet.

I plug the Airport express in using the WAN to the modem and the amber light begins to flash. It brings up the Express in the airport utility but it shows the internet as yellow and the Express has 3 errors. 1. No eithernet connected 2. No internet 3. No DNS servers.

I connected the Express to my MacBook when I had a different wireless network. The "1. No eithernet connect" went away but the other two remained mind you the internet was working and even in the airport utility the "globe" showed a green light for the internet. So I rulled out a faulty eithernet port. I tried switching out cables just to make sure as well.

I have been using a different Express with the same Modem for about a year. The old express died and I bought this one from he!!.

I am uterly confused.

Thanks

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 9:30 PM

1 reply

Apr 16, 2014 3:26 AM in response to fitcoach050

You must power cycle any pure cable modem for at least 20min.. so power it off.. and try well 5min is sometimes enough.. but if it fails then you will need to power off and restart the clock.. wait the full 20min.

The express must be in router mode and the first and only device plugged into the modem.

So power on the modem. Wait 2min and power on the express. Wait another 2min then test on one computer.

If you have issues still give us the exact make and model of your cable modem.

Airport Express doesnt see modem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.