Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4S screen is black, only siri works. What's with that? What can I do?

Hey,

I have an iphone 4S. Like a billion years ago the power button stopped working.
Havent had problems with it until now, where it suddenly went black while I was using it. Siri still works when I hold down the home button but listening to siri's voice is just not enough for me.

Apparently holding the power and home buttons at the same time for 30 seconds an unresponsive iphone back on, but I can't do that with my power button being broken.

What should I do? I really would like to avoid going to the apple store.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1, year old phone. still in its prime

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 10:07 PM

10 replies

Apr 15, 2014 10:38 PM in response to louisa.fioret

I've had success getting home buttons to work again by using compressed air and blowing around the button loosening up the lint that was keeping it from working. I've never done it with the power button but its worth a try. lint has a way of getting behind the button and interfering with the switch. other than that you would have to replace the button. I actually have my phone open a the moment and the power switch replacement looks like an easy job to me. you can get these kinds of parts on ebay and ifixit.com. If you have a techie in the family they could fix it for you. Otherwise its off to the apple store for a replacement.

My iPhone 4S screen is black, only siri works. What's with that? What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.