Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rejected podcast

I got a message 14/4 that my podcast was rejected but it ALSO stated that it was included in the itunes podcast catalogue. I asked about this in a reply mail but haven't got an answer. This is the URL-feed: http://keepitsmooth.libsyn.com. I have a Stim-licence to play music in the pod, if that should be the problem.

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 12:17 AM

7 replies

Apr 16, 2014 12:50 AM in response to frankzappa1955

That's not a feed, it's a web page: your feed is at http://keepitsmooth.libsyn.com/rss

There seems to be no technical problem with the feed, so it seems likely that the concern is that you are using copyrighted material. I don't know exactly what a Stim licence allows you to do or whether 'playing music in the pod' means you are permitted to effectively broadcast it, but if so you need to find a way to inform the Store that you have permission. Possibly including the information in the main description would do it.

Apr 16, 2014 1:14 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thank you so very much for the quick response, Roger! Yes, a swedish Stim-licence gives me permisson to broadcast copyrighted material. The problem is that when I try to send the podcast once again to Itunes it says that the stream has already been sent. Is there a way to contact the Itunes team? Will they answer my response to the rejected podcast. Thank's in advance

Apr 16, 2014 1:19 AM in response to frankzappa1955

You've fallen over a bug in the submissions process which tells you the feed has already been submitted even though it's been rejected. The workaround is to change the title slightly.

You can email Support at podcasts 'at' apple.com but their responses are often canned and not relevant so I can't promise you will get any sort of helpful answer.

Apr 16, 2014 6:58 AM in response to frankzappa1955

It looks like you have RIAA - big label music - in your podcast. This was in the description for episode 1.

Doobie Brothers, Boz Scaggs, Brenda Russell, Byrne and Barnes, Stephen Bishop, Lenny Zakatek, Josef Melin, Laura Allan

There are no liceneses that fully cover podcasting. Podcasting is a download and a download legally is a mechanical copy. Streaming licenesses do not cover podcasting. Since you have RIAA music you are also in violation of your Libsyn Terms of Service. So you need to remove any episodes that have music from big labels - and only have podsafe music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podsafe

Once you replace your current episodes with ones with only podsafe music you can then resubmit per above - but until then Apple will keep rejecting your show and again you are in violation of your ToS for libsyn.

Regards,

Rob W

Rejected podcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.