Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching between two Apple IDs - 90 day wait?

I have been smoothly transitioning between two apple IDs on iTunes for the last year. I have just switched from PC to Mac and suddenly there's a message that states I have to wait 90 days before I can associate another Apple ID with this device. I don't really understand what this means, especially since I've already successfully logged in to both Apple ID accounts in iTunes on my new Mac. I don't want to wait 90 days every time I buy something from one account before it will let me buy something from the other (is this what this means?) I'd really appreciate an explanation from the learned Mac-user community. Thanks so much for your help!

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 11:44 PM

10 replies

Apr 16, 2014 8:51 AM in response to annikaaus

annikaaus wrote:

Thank you, I did find that information myself, but it didn't really make things clearer to me. Once the 90 days is up will I be able to switch back and forth as I please? Or do I have to wait 90 days every time I want to switch IDs?

You can switch back & forth now as you please for new purchases (not for redownloading). 90 days is for redownloading.

iTunes prefs > Store.

Uncheck Automatic Downloads.

And why wasn't I aware of this wait time on my old PC device?

You never saw this because Automatic Downloads was not ticked.

Switching between two Apple IDs - 90 day wait?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.