Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

starting to get mad against apple new products...

i have an iMac 27" early 2014... i got at in january just after it was out.. (exchange from apple for around the similar problem you'll read below and couldn't be resolved on a iMac 2013)

Now i have a Little / Big problem depending for who...

I was using my iMac, rebooted it (like i need to do too often since that new machine) and there was the little surprise i couldn't boot at all and had the little icon with the folder and the " ? " inside... rebooted but could see the HDD in the list only my netboot and netinstall images from my server.

Restarted again from my USB installer go to disk utility (i could see the internal HDD), repaired permitions, checked the disk then click on startup disk choose the disk but nothing... still couldn't boot I tried to reboot with USB installer and got a sign " prohibed " (the round sign with the bar)... then the machine shutted down 😮...

couldn't boot from an netboot images 10.8.5 just done a fresh install 10.9 on a USB HDD i'm now transfering my user (strange i could see the internal HDD) and will see what happens.

is there anybody with the same problem ?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), .

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 1:36 AM

There are no replies.

starting to get mad against apple new products...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.