Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

22 replies

Apr 16, 2014 4:44 AM in response to Betty2035

Had the same problem with Chrome and the moment someone mentioned Outlook I knew that it has to be Mail Tab Pro, thanks! Killing it helped like many of you stated ^_^

Now we should head to their blog or something and give some feedback so they know to fix it asap! (They probably are working on it atm but it's worth it to show what we think about all this...)

Apr 16, 2014 7:24 AM in response to Dirwrecktor

For Apple - Isn't it about time you developed a simple method of blocking specific websites?

Blocking a specific site does not fix the fact that you have installed junk software that is causing ads to pop up. It's important to eliminate the cause of such problems rather than just masking the symptoms.

For those who were haing this problem, where did you download MailTab Pro for Outlook from? Was this the version available in the App Store? If so, it should probably be reported to Apple, as I believe this behavior is a violation of the App Store rules.

If it wasn't downloaded from the App Store, can anyone provide me a link so I can investigate it.

Apr 17, 2014 5:08 AM in response to Betty2035

I was having this problem as well and going crazy trying to find the source of the problem/fix it. I closed Mail Tab Pro for Outlook from FipLab ( http://fiplab.com/index.html ) and the problem ceased

I sent them an email regarding this issue, although it does appear as though they no longer have MailTab for Outlook listed on their website. I hope they fix this issue ASAP.

Thanks for the help with finding the root of this issue/problem!

Best Regards,

James

Apr 17, 2014 6:51 AM in response to jtrag

Their website seems to simply redirect to the App Store. I found MailTab for Outlook on the App Store and downloaded it, and have been running it in a virtual machine for a while now. No sign of any ads.

Anybody having these problems got more information on where you downloaded it, what specific version you have (ie, does only the "pro" version do this, or only the free version?) and under what circumstances the ads are shown? I can't really add this to my Adware Removal Guide without more details.

(Fair disclosure: The Safe Mac is my site, and contains a Donate button, so I may receive compensation for providing links to The Safe Mac. Donations are not required.)

Apr 17, 2014 7:01 AM in response to thomas_r.

I have the pro version and had the same issue starting yesterday. I too have used MailTab for Outlook for a long time and this was the first problem i have had with it. I also use MailTab for GMail and that does NOT have the same problem. I have not found anything as for a permanent solution other than closing down Mailtab for Outlook for now.

Apr 17, 2014 11:22 AM in response to Betty2035

Yes,

MailTab proved to be the problem. A techie from Apple tried a few things and quickly identifed Mail Tab Pro as the problem. I deleted it (never want to see it again) and bob's your uncle. I was unable to type the question on my iMac this morning because of that unwanted site going berserk, so had to resort to my iPad. For a few days now the MailTab Pro was asking to upgrade my Microsoft Explorer (don't have it obviously), OR Safari. That was odd because I have the latest Safari version.

Thank everybody,

Pat

Please help!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.