Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! My ipod skips to the next song...

My ipod won't play a song, even after I delete it and download it from a different source. It plays on my ipod when connected to itunes though. This happened with my last ipod both times when I unplugged it too quickly after pressing "disconnect." The same song, even if I download it from somewhere else, will not play.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 3:32 AM

3 replies

Apr 19, 2014 1:55 PM in response to sheila_m.

Yes, that doesn't really get it. I could restore my software, but I don't want to do that for such a small problem. Resetting the ipod doesn't work.

The problem is that if I have a song on there that skips, I can get the song again from somewhere different than I got it the first time and it will still skip. The only way I have found to get around it is if I leave the skipping version on, put the new version on with a different name to trick the ipod into playing it, and then delete the faulty version. But how is this happening? Does the ipod actually keep songs I delete and default to them when I try to replace them? Why would it do that? It's a ripoff if that's what they're doing.

Help! My ipod skips to the next song...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.