Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have the flashing folder issue

I dropped my macbook about a week ago about a couple feet. But after it freezing up time after time today I had to manually shut it off a couple of times. Then I ended getting the flashing folder with the question mark on the boot. I tried recovering, but my laptop won't recognize that the the harddrive is a mac HD. It just says "disk0" and all of the option for disk utility are all greyed out. I've opened it up and un plugged the ribbon cable and the hard drive multiple times and still nothing.

This has happened to me before last spring but I ended up getting new ribbon cable and that worked. Right now I'm out of cash and I need it up and running to work on a class project. Don't know what else to do. I have a 13 inch mid 2012 mac book pro

Thank you for helping out.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 3:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 3:47 AM

You damaged the HDD when you dropped it. You will propably have to replace the hard drive and restore from your Time Machine backup. That is if you have a Time Machine backup. Otherwise you'll have to reinstall everything.

2 replies

I have the flashing folder issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.