Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open any site

So, the problem is, that my wi-if is working perfectly fine but I can't open any site. Skype and torrent are working too. And this problem only at my MacBook, so iPad works ok with same wifi.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 3:26 AM

4 replies

Apr 16, 2014 1:46 PM in response to ratkke

Double-click anywhere in the line of text below on this page to select it, then copy it to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C:

www.google.com

Launch the Network Utility application.

Step 1

Select the Lookup tab and paste into the address field by pressing command-V. Then press return. Post the output that appears below – the text, please, not a screenshot.

Step 2

Select the Ping tab and do the same. Please enter the same input as you did in Step 1. Don't use the output of Step 1 as input to Step 2.

Important Note

Some web browsers and mail clients will automatically convert a domain name such as "www.example.com" to a clickable URL, such as http://www.example.com. That will interfere with the test. If necessary, edit the input in the Network Utility window to remove any added characters.

Can't open any site

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.