Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only purchased songs syncing in playlists, other info syncing wrong. Help!

I've been using iTunes for a while, since getting my first video iPod in 2006, so I'm not a newbie. I've switched computers more than once and I've gotten used to rebuilding my library, etc. Recently got a new computer and moved all my music over (with a lot of information missing, that's a post for another time). I created a couple of new playlists and went to sync them to my phone so I could listen to it. And that's where the trouble started.

First, old music wouldn't come off my phone. I ended up deleting the entire music library and syncing again. One playlist was supposed to have about 100 songs, but only 40 of them showed up on the phone. The other playlist has about 20 songs, TWO of which made it to the phone. That's when I realized that those 42 songs that made it are songs I purchased from iTunes. All the other songs on the playlist had come from CDs. So only the songs I purchased from iTunes synced over to my phone.

HOWEVER, I manually moved over an album I had ripped from a CD. It shows up just fine on my phone. (Though I just did it again, and it moved over 11 of the 13 songs on the album, and while iTunes shows the artist, on my iPhone it says "Unknown Artist" even though it shows the cover art. So that's not good.)

I have iTunes set to manage everything manually, so I can just drag & drop the music I want onto the phone, and that's what worked just fine on the computer I had before. But it's not working now. iTunes says there are 193 songs on my phone. My phone says there are 137.

Am I missing something? The only difference is that this new computer runs Windows 8. Does anyone have any idea why everything's all screwy? About the only thing I haven't done is uninstall & reinstall iTunes (which would be a massive undertaking since I have a pretty big library) or restore my phone (which would also take a while, so I'm hoping there's another solution before I do that. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks@

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 4:52 AM

There are no replies.

Only purchased songs syncing in playlists, other info syncing wrong. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.