Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't download my purchased Audio books to my iPhone 5S. Why not?

I upgraded to the iPhone 5S from 3G and after uploading files, apps and photos I noticed that not all my songs were uploaded and neither were any of my audio books. I clicked on the iTunes app and clicked on the MORE icon where the number 214 is in red. When I click, it shows 214 downloads, none are my audio books. WHen I click on song title it acts like its going to begin download and then I get error message: Unable to Dowload Song - could not be downloaded at this time. I hit the retry button and get the same error message. I cannot find and evidence at all on my iPhone that I have any Audio books that I have purchased through iTunes, and they show records of it. I can't get them to download if there is no reference point.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 7:29 AM

3 replies

Dec 28, 2014 11:19 PM in response to roaminggnome

I have just had the same issue as "wagtribe".

I purchased a audio book for an 83-year-old relative that I'm nursing who is loosing her eyesight and bodily functions in what is now expected to be the last week of her life.

I made the purchase on my 6-Plus synced to one iMac and fully expected it to be available to my iPad mini synced on my second iMac which are all synced to the same iTunes account so that I could leave it in the room with Auntie. Guess what, audio books are not transferable and Apple slugged me twice for the same book just so the old dear could have an audio book from Apple. Apple, I understand you have legal issues with publishers, but as we Australian's would say "Fair go Mate!" Apple can do better, as amply demonstrated with other iTunes file types.

A longtime supporter of Apple.

I can't download my purchased Audio books to my iPhone 5S. Why not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.