Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since update of iOS 6 to iOS 7.1, I cannot send Mail

I have a user who cannot send any messages from Mail with Exchange. She receives email just fine but when trying to send nothing happens. I have had her try powering her device off and on, force closing the app and restarting it, and removing the account and adding it back. We even tried the "Reset All Settings" option to set everything default, which seemed to work for a couple days but it has now started again. I was wondering if there is a setting somewhere that needs to be corrected or if someone has a guide on how to fix this. I feel like we have tried everything short of wiping the device and starting over. Any help here would be appreciated.

Thank you.

iPad 2, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 7:34 AM

2 replies

Apr 16, 2014 7:52 AM in response to AccraCare

I have the same problem. We are with XLNinternet.co.uk and we can receive incoming email fiine but neither the iphone 5S or the retina ipad we use will let us send e-mail back to even new mails. I have spent hours on the phone with XLN but they blame Apple for it. I had to turn the SSL setting to off to even receive email from XLN. If anyone can help with this I would be grateful. We have also tried resetting, new email account etc etc and it still will not send out email from our xln account. Outlook email works just fine for us.

Since update of iOS 6 to iOS 7.1, I cannot send Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.