Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will iDVD recognise Chapter Markers from Final Cut Pro X Ver 1.1 ?

Hi there,

It has been quite a while since I use iDVD from Final Cut Express 4 days. So, please excuse my ignorance.

Can I know whether iDVD will be able to recognise the chapter markers I created from Final Cut ProX Ver 1.1 ?

That is to say, if I share/export a file from FCPX and tick the "include chapter markers" box ...

Thanks

15.4, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 27" iMac - 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 1GB ATI Radeon HD, i5 QuadCore

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 1:53 PM

I don't know but why don't you create an iDVD project and give it a try? I know if a movie from iMovie has chapter markers and is exported to a file on the desktop and then dragged and dropped into iDVD it will creat the chapter play links. Have no experience with FCPX.

OT

5 replies

Apr 23, 2014 5:09 AM in response to RyanManUtd

Hi

Hopefully You are aware of the iDVD BUG - in regard to Chapters !

(it's old and will not be corrected - ever)

If You make a new iDVD project

Import movie with Chapters

Find error or just anything that makes You go back to Video-editor (eg. iMovie/FinalCut etc)

Then when returning to iDVD - it will notice and ask You to Up-date or Cancel

Non of them works as expected !

If Up-date - then all Chapters now poit to Chapter ONE.

There are two medicines

• Trash movie in iDVD project - CLEAR iDVD ASSETTS - import movie again (I never use this way)

• Trash the full iDVD project and start anew - I always DO !

Yours Bengt W

Will iDVD recognise Chapter Markers from Final Cut Pro X Ver 1.1 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.