Hello there, Barb4201.
The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great steps for troubleshooting voicemail on your iPhone:
Follow these steps to troubleshoot voicemail issues on your iPhone:
- Restart your iPhone.
- Check for a carrier settings update.
- Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
- Make sure that your voice mailbox is set up properly. You can verify this by dialing your phone number from your iPhone.
- Make sure that you have a good cellular network connection. You can verify this by seeing whether you can make an outgoing call.
- Call your iPhone from another phone and try to leave yourself a voicemail.
- Reset your network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Contact your carrier and make sure your iPhone is properly configured with the voicemail feature on your plan.
Inserting a new SIM card in your iPhone might delete the existing Visual Voicemails that are saved on your iPhone.To learn about voicemail on iPhone, see these resources:
Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.