Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP! I lost all my passwords!

Yesterday, I went around every single website I'd ever signed up for and changed that password due to Heartbleed. I decided that even though I didn't really need to, I should use iCloud Keychain to not only store my passwords, but to create those secure passwords for me. So, I went around, changed each password, and each password looked something like this: ho5_rui4_4uiwo_r4hiw.

Now, that's imossible to memorize, but I trusted Keychain to memorize it for me. So every website I went on, it would fill it in, no problem there.

Did that work? Sure it worked!

Today, I finished this process of changing the passwords and making Keychain memorize them. Then, as a final step to preventing hackers once and for all, I changed my MAC ACCOUNT PASSWORD. *gasp* *gasp*.

That was my mistake. Immediately, all 25 or so of my iCloud passwords dissapeared from Safari and my Keychain in Keychain Access. I tried to change my password again, but nothing could fix it.

So all I did was lose all my passwords? pfftt.. No big deal. I still had some of them on my iPad, so all I had to do was go to each website and reset them. Thankfully, I never changed the password to my email, so that should only take me 3 hours.

So iCloud Keychain, within its first 24 hours of service, had failed me epicly. I try to reset Keychain on my computer. I uncheck the box, recheck it, and they don't come back.

HERE'S THE PROBLEM: I can no longer remove my iCloud account association with my computer. The box won't uncheck, I can;t delete the keychain, and I can't sign out of iCloud. What I was thinking of doing was creating a new account to use with iCloud. I would reset the passwords and everyhing would work ok. BUT I CAN'T DO THAT? Now there's a bigger problem: My MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks, is stuck with my currently-not-working iCloud account?

What do I do?

PLEASE HELP ME! My warranty has expired and I don't want to lose everything on my Mac! My passwords for every website ever are enough grief!

Thank you so much in advance.

Please note: This story is long and took you a while to read probably, but I did not make anything up and I can prove it with screenshots.

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 10:21 AM

UPDATE: I found the problem, it was actually some association in Users and Groups preferences. I went to each website and reset my passwords. All is ok except I lost contact info for 2 contacts. 🙂

3 replies

HELP! I lost all my passwords!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.