Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My CanoScan 8600F no longer works with Mavericks- No drivers available from Canon

My CanoScan 8600F no longer works with Mavericks upgrade. Canon does not offer new drivers.

iMac 21.5, Mac OS X (10.6.3), MacMail 4.2

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 12:01 PM

The only work around I know of is Vuescan. There is a free trial version, but you will have to buy the full version.

http://www.hamrick.com

3 replies

Apr 16, 2014 12:49 PM in response to nolotzer

The Canoscan Toolbox works with Mavericks to scan, copy, etc.

User uploaded file

If you have Photoshop or Photoshop Elements the drivers can be installed so one can scan from within those applications.

All the necessary software (CanoScan Toolbox 5.0.1.2 Installer) can be obtained from the Canon site.

And, as Eustace mentioned, Vuescan works.

OT

Mar 5, 2015 4:00 PM in response to Old Toad

@Old Toad

I read your suggestion today and it is the only thing that has worked. I even called Canon and they told me that they don't have a driver that will work and that they will give me a "good deal" on a new scanner. The deal was a higher price than the same scanner on Amazon.com. Before today I had my scanner ready to go to a recycling center.

Thanks to you I googled CanoScan Toolbox for Mac, downloaded it, and hooray my old scanner works. Thank goodness. I tried all the other suggestions I found here but nothing else worked. I can even send the scanned photo to iPhoto for editing with Toolbox. It is so nice to have my scanner back again! It's a shame that Canon couldn't tell me about the CanoScan Toolbox and instead tried to get me to buy a new scanner.

Here is the link for CanoScan Toolbox:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/12288/canoscan-toolbox/download

My CanoScan 8600F no longer works with Mavericks- No drivers available from Canon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.