Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nano 6th Gen and Windows 8

My Ipod Nano 6th Generation is not recognized by Windows 8.1. Is there a patch?

iPod nano (6th generation), Windows 8

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 10:58 AM

4 replies

Apr 19, 2014 8:16 AM in response to matt00

The article you provided (iPod not recognized in My Computer and in iTunes for Windows http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1369) seems to indicate that the system requirements only apply to Windows 7 and earlier. However, I have the bug-filled Windows 8.1 on my desktop. In addition, nothing I tried in your article worked, and neither Windows Explorer or the latest iTunes recognizes the Ipod Nano Gen 6. It works fine on my Windows 7 laptop, so it is not the cord or the unit.

Have your engineers checked out the Gen 6 on Windows 8.1? If so, please update your article to reflect that 8.1 meets system requirements. If not, and you don't intend to update the software to resolve the conflicts that might arrise between them, you should so state.

If the Gen 6 should work with Windows 8.1, and it is just some conflct with my machine, then please escalate this request and have someone call me.

Nano 6th Gen and Windows 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.