Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trackpad do not work properly after migration data from old imac to new macbook pro

After migration all my Data from my old imac to my new macbook pro (both running on OS Maverick) with migration assistant, the trackpad of the new macbook pro doesn´t work properly any more.

But the trackpad had worked properly before the data migration!

But now the trackpad feature of scrolling up and down with two fingers doesn´t work. (Other features are ok.)

I have tried to change the trackpad settings, but still doesn´t work.

Can anyone help me???

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 1:09 PM

1 reply

Apr 16, 2014 1:12 PM in response to KaiCP

You are still under warranty. Call Apple Care. Make sure you get a case number as all repairs have an additional 90 days of warranty.

#1 - You have 14 days from the date of purchase to return your computer with no questions asked.

#2 - You have 90 days of FREE phone tech support.

#3 - You have the standard one year Apple warranty.

#4 - If you've purchased an AppleCare Protection Plan, your warranty last for 3 years. You can obtain AppleCare anytime up to the first year of the purchase of your computer.

Take FULL advantage of your warranty. Posting on a message board should be done as a last resort and if you are out of warranty or Apple Care has expired.

User uploaded file

trackpad do not work properly after migration data from old imac to new macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.