Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Problems

I deleted the icloud account on my phone but kept my calendar and other details on my phone in order to merge after i logged into a new icloud account however it didn't merge so i lost all my calendar information, help?

iPhone 4

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 1:58 PM

5 replies

Apr 16, 2014 3:02 PM in response to yhco2

Sorry but I'm confused now. Is your calendar data missing or not?

If all you did was revise your iCoud ID, then delete the account and sign back in with the revised ID, nothing should have been deleted from the account and it would not have been necessary to save the calendar on your phone, then merge it with the account (because it would already be there). Delete an account does not delete it from iCloud, it only deletes it from your device.

Apr 16, 2014 4:11 PM in response to randers4

I understand what you are saying. Technically the calendar data should still have been saved as it's the same account but the email has previously been changed. Due to this, the icloud account i've been logged into on my phone was still on my old apple id address. As i deleted the account of my phone, i made sure to keep my data on my phone so that when i logged into the 'new account', although it was technically the same one, the data should merge or theoretically already be present on the account. However this was not the case and the calendar data was neither present or able to merge with the account.

iCloud Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.