Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help re mixed paths in a library

Hi guys - just registered to ask this; been a reader of the content for a while now.I'm in the middle of migrating to a new desktop, so want to take the time to fix something that's been bugging me for a while:

Old computer - XP, New computer - Win8.1

Itunes ver that updated, "last touched" the library - 11.0.5.5; ver of itunes migrating TO - 11.1.5.5

So: all media files reside on a NAS, using iTunes organization. The iTunes app runs locally on our computers with individual itl files for each user and each user account (IOW, I have two lib files, one on desktop one on laptop; the desktop is where I do all device management). Each person's library has iTunes pointing to the media files on the NAS. I do all admin, so I am careful about not having multiple sessions of iTunes attached to the media.

Problem is, when I set up the nas a couple years ago, I first set up my own library using the UNC path for the media files (hadn't mapped the drives yet). BUT I set up my wife's library using mapped drives. Then I imported some playlists into my library that had originally been done with the mapped drives, so I get duplicates. Is there a way to unify the paths within my library files so that all are mapped lettered drives?

Thanks for any help,
Squirrel

Windows 8

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 6:02 PM

Try my script ConsolidateByMoving. If a file already exists at the target location the script should link iTunes to the new path, but leaves the original file in place. Handy if there is really only one file.

tt2

2 replies

Help re mixed paths in a library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.