Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My hard drive have free space over the limit...

Hi every one, I've a strange issue here. My HD indicate me that I've more space than it should but in «About This Mac» and «System Report» I've 36GB left. The strange thing is that there is about 217Gb of Backup? What is wrong...

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 2:45 PM

8 replies

Apr 16, 2014 5:49 PM in response to babowa

Yes i use Time Machine and enable but it is on an other hard drive at the Airport. I've delayed the backup for a week at the moment... because of work I need fast access on other drive over the network. I'll try to re-enable Time Machine to see if it is the cause of all this. My guess is you're pretty **** right over Time Machine! I'll a try and give a report back.

Many many thanks in advance!

Apr 16, 2014 7:00 PM in response to Minty Breeze

Well, you might want to get an opinion from someone who uses time Machine, LOL - I don't use it because I prefer bootable clones. Yes, if I were to use it, I would only turn it on when I have the backup drive hooked up - but, of course, that defeats TM's purpose of making continuous backups so you can go back in time and pick out something you need. I've not found a need for that and my regularly scheduled bootable clones are perfect for me.

And yes, Apple is aware of it - plenty of bug reports were filed by several people.

My hard drive have free space over the limit...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.