Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11.1.5.5 in Windows 8.1 won't copy to my 160GB iPod Classic.

I have an iPod Classic 160GB and iTunes (Windows 8.1 64bit Computer) won't copy songs to it. It either goes incredibly slow or it just hangs. I can connect the same iPOd to another computer, running Windows 7 64bit, iTunes 11.1.5.5, etc. and it all works perfectly. Is there a Windows 8.1 driver problem with Windows 8.1 and the iPod Classic?

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 2:57 PM

3 replies

Apr 18, 2014 5:05 AM in response to dbarrow

I am having the same problem. I can't even end the process tree as it says "access denied" or something like that. I thought it was a malware problem at first, but I scanned using AVG and Malwarebytes and nothing was detected. I will be following the replies to this.

My setup:

Windows 8.1 64-bit (all current updates installed)

iTunes fully updated

iPod classic 160gb

2.17GHz CPU, 4g RAM

May 21, 2014 2:46 PM in response to chazerc

Still no reply from Apple? I am using the current version of iTunes on Windows 8.1 64, trying to copy files onto an iPod 160GB Classic. he iPod shows up in iTunes, but it freezes up every time. The iPod works just fine on other computers running other versions of Windows. Can yu guys update the drivers or whatever it takes for me to use my Apple Hardware/Software?

Jun 3, 2014 2:04 PM in response to chazerc

Think you might find it has something to do with AVG.

iTunes worked effortlessly with Norton anti-virus or Windows Firewall on my Windows 8.1 machine but once I installed AVG Internet security everything in iTunes is very laggy.

All AVG settings are set to allow anything to do withTunes and Apple but problems still exist.

iPhone4, 4S, iPod touch 3 and 4 work OK but the Nano doesn't show up at all. I've uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, etc., but the problems still exist.

There have been reports on this forum before about this.

iTunes 11.1.5.5 in Windows 8.1 won't copy to my 160GB iPod Classic.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.