Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this a problem i should be worried about?

Hey everyone, a link to video which i made after my second display replacement( warranty) I sensed a change although no one uses a mac or even a laptop like this ..but its just that its not settling down in my mind becasue of the change ...

Got the display assembled once again but the problem is still there..

http://youtu.be/Ui05yiEH118

Guys please let me know as soon as possible ..as my warranty is getting over very soon and i am in no mood to buy an apple care program as its really expensive.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 2:29 PM

3 replies

Apr 16, 2014 2:48 PM in response to unitedforever

Basically that is not a problem. You are opening the system the wrong way. You Lift the Lid not set it on its back edge and drop the main, keyboard, part.

Does the lid fall over flat when opened past 90°, past vertical? Does the lid slam shut when you pull it towards the keyboard area and let it go?

If the answer to both of those question is NO then what you are seeing, because you are handling the system the wrong way, is not a problem or defect.

There is a reason there is a finger slot in the center of the bottom case part. That is where you are supposed to place your finger to open the lid. Not from the edge. Repeated opening from the right/left corners could damage the screen.

Apr 16, 2014 2:56 PM in response to LowLuster

okay thanks for the fast reply both of you ...i believe you guys have more experience in terms of mac use and even agree with the fact that the way i'm using it its not normal..

But again there are few things to be kept in mind..firstly i sensed this change after my second display replacement ...and secondly which is quite important in the video that i've compared this sort of behaviour to the same 13" retina mac ..why didnt the second one fall like that.

P.S My case is still open at the the apple service center and a senior adviser has said that at the most what they can offer me is a new display replacement( i.e. a display replacement for the third time) So guys should i take that thinking a new hinge may have a better firmness to my mac.?

I have absolutely no idea about what should be done ..its just that i'm quite worried about this machine as i bought it with great expectations..

Is this a problem i should be worried about?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.