Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP!!! MAJOR STORAGE ISSUES

My ipad is being really stupid and wont let me download a 200mb game when i have over 800mb in my normal storage and 2.2gb in my icloud. Seriously. All i want is to download the game Pixel Gun 3D but no matter how many times i try, it wont let me download it. I have all the storage in the world for my icloud and more than enough on the ipad itself but it just will not let me and its extremely frustrating. Please help

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 3:52 PM

1 reply

Apr 16, 2014 4:26 PM in response to Stuff and Thangs

Your iPad is not being stupid. You just don't fully understand what is going on.

iCloud storage is for backups only and it would not matter if you had 220 GB of storage in iCloud. You need the available storage space on the iPad, not in iCloud.

The 800 MB of storage that you have on the iPad is not nearly enough to download a 200 MB game. I'm surprised that you can still download anything at all since you need to leave about 10% of the space free on the iPad for file fragmentation and for the iOS.

Your 200 MB app needs room to expand when it downloads so you better start deleting content if you want to be able to download the game.

HELP!!! MAJOR STORAGE ISSUES

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.