Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restored old iPad 1 without a backup, can't sync back all apps.

Hi!

I decided to do a backup of my old iPad 1rst gen. I did not do a backup, I want to sync back my apps but it seems I can't. When I connect to iTunes, I can sync only my photos, my ringtones and my music, but not my apps. I do I do to get back all my apps without having to download them manualy from the app store? Thanks!

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 4:29 PM

4 replies

Apr 16, 2014 4:34 PM in response to Franky93

Franky93 wrote:

Hi!

I decided to do a backup of my old iPad 1rst gen. I did not do a backup, I want to sync back my apps but it seems I can't.

You decided to do a backup - but you did not do a backup. Huh? I have to be missing something because that makes absolutely no sense at all.

If the apps are not in your iTunes library, there is nothing to sync back to the iPad. Are the apps in your iTunes library on your computer?

Apr 16, 2014 4:51 PM in response to Franky93

OK. I think I understand what you're saying now. You do have to select the apps to sync to the iPad, if they haven't been selected already to sync.

Take a look at this for some basic instructions.

iTunes 11 for Windows: Sync and organize iOS apps - Support

If you don't know how to select your iPad under devices, from the iTunes menu at the top of the screen, go to View> Show Sidebar. That will make the sidebar visible on the left side. You should see your iPad name under the Devices heading about halfway down. Click on your iPad name and then the Summary Window should appear on the right. Click on the Apps heading at the top of the iTunes screen on the right, and then you should see the same screen that you see in the screenshot in the support article.

Restored old iPad 1 without a backup, can't sync back all apps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.