Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPHOTO not responding even after rebuilding iPhoto library

iphoto starts up but does not respond once I click on an event. I tried rebuilding my iphoto library, but that doesn't work. I have iphoto 11 and my computer is a MacBook Pro 10.8.5. Can anyone help me????

iPhone 3GS, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 6:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 7:57 PM

you need to update your profile - it says OS X 10.5.8

Download iPhoto Library Manager - http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/ - and use the free trial's rebuild command to create a new rebuilt library leaving the existing one untouched for any future use

LN

4 replies

Apr 17, 2014 9:06 AM in response to dgfromrandolph

Now do I use the rebuilt library the same as I would the original iphoto library?

Yes. Launch iPhoto with the Option key held down and select the rebuild library in the next window. Check it out to make sure it works as it should and has all of your photos. If you're satisfied with the rebuild library and want to make it your working library you can delete the old one.

OT

Apr 17, 2014 9:17 AM in response to dgfromrandolph

Now do I use the rebuilt library the same as I would the original iphoto library?

yes

Could I reload iphoto with my disk? and delete the old one?

Sure you could - but it will probably not help and is much more likely to cause additional problems - It is ill advised unless we test and determine that the problem is the iPhtoo Application - which has not been done and again is very unlikely

If you really want to go that way the first test is to launch iPhoto while depressing the option key and creatting a new library and irting a few photos - if that works (which is likely) then the iPhtoo Applications is not the problem

If that fails then you do the same test in a different account - if that works then iPhtoo is fine - if it fails too then there is a problem with yoru account and it coud be preferences, the OS or the iPhtoo Application and additional testing is required

But the overwhelmingly likely case it that your library is corrupted and needs repair

LN

IPHOTO not responding even after rebuilding iPhoto library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.