Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover accidentally deleted photos from iPhoto?

Hello,

While I was organizing photos in photo section of the library, I meant to delete one section (photos from one day) but instead, I deleted all my photos. Usually, deleted photos go to trash can of iPhoto. Somehow, my 5000+ photos managed to completely disappear and are nowhere to be seen. I did not have them backed up in iCloud or Time Machine. Please please help where find where they may be. All my memories are gone and I'm on the verge of breaking down!!! Please let me know if there are any way I can recover these photos. Thank you.

Jenna

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 10:41 PM

5 replies

Apr 16, 2014 11:45 PM in response to jennatheapple

Jenna,

what is your iPhoto version?

When you look at the "Library" section of the source list - what are the numbers of events and Photos shown there?

User uploaded file

If you are seeing zero Photos and events, check, if you have accdentally hidden your photos - make sure the "View" menu is set to show "Hidden Photos". Does that turn up more photos and events?

Also, check, if you are viewing the correct iPhoto library. Use the menu "File > Switch to Library" in iPhoto to see a list of available iPhoto libraries.

And check your System Trash for photos.

-- Léonie

Apr 17, 2014 8:17 AM in response to léonie

Hi Léonie,

My iPhoto version is 9.5.1. I don't see any numbers next to events or photos. There weren't any hidden photos. Even when I had checked the system trash, it is nowhere to be found.

What is odd is that when I first start iPhoto, it shows very briefly that i have 7000+ photos but then it quickly disappears. When I check Faces of the Library section, it still says I have 5000+ unnamed faces. So I'm thinking all my photos are on iPhoto still.

How do I recover accidentally deleted photos from iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.