Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

download software wait

I find it ridiculous to have to wait 1-3 business days for a software download via email for Mountain Lion. Instead of being able to download instantly like when most vendors provide their (paying) customers, Apple decides that we should wait - as if punishing us for not upgrading to Mavericks, which is offered as an instant download. If credit card verification is the culprit (and I was notified by my credit card of entire amount charged), then they seriously need to change their outdated verification system.

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.4/2.2 GHz), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 9:56 PM

3 replies

Apr 16, 2014 10:17 PM in response to eurony1

The time frame is that you are dealing with two different parts of Apple and what you want is partly done by hand for thousands of folks a day. You buy it from the Apple Store (on line or telephone) and that order is transmitted to another part of Apple were a unique redemption code is generated for OS X and sent to you buy email in a locked pdf. The password for that pdf had to be generated before the pdf was locked. Then the password is sent to you in a separate email. To do all of that Apple asks for 3 business days.

download software wait

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.