Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage and FaceTime waiting for activation.

So I am overseas and can only use my phone with wifi so all I have is iMessage and Facetime. Yesterday they randomly quit and only did sms messages but i can't use that. I followed some advice and am able to use iMessage and factime again, but it goes through my email,not my phone number. In my settings it still says "waiting for activation"... What do i do?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 9:39 PM

2 replies

Apr 17, 2014 9:33 AM in response to CelseyK

There is nothing to do. That is a status message that appears because you do not have a cellular network data connection. Since you only have Wi-Fi the iMessages will not be associated with your phone number. There is more information on "Waiting for Activation" at http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4268

Note the following quotation from that link:

You can still activate iMessage and FaceTime with your Apple ID when these status messages appear. You can see that you've activated FaceTime and iMessage with your Apple ID by tapping:

• Settings > FaceTime > You can be reached by FaceTime at:
  • Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You can be reached by iMessage at:

iMessage and FaceTime waiting for activation.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.