Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music will not sync to my 4th generation iPod touch. I drag a song or album the iPod and all it says it " updating files" "preparing to update". That is all it says and it never actually downloads. What do I do?

Music will not sync to my 4th generation iPod touch. I drag a song or album the iPod and all it says it " updating files" "preparing to update". That is all it says and it never actually downloads. What do I do?

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 9:54 PM

1 reply

Apr 17, 2014 12:01 AM in response to RiverNuzzo

Hey RiverNuzzo, I'm confused, you have listed IPod 4 and iOS 7, that's not possible. When was the last time you updated your iPod and your iTunes? Are you current? If not try updating your iTunes first then the iPod. Then attempt to download the music. If still no joy, try resetting your iPod, press and hold the power and home buttons together until the Apple logo appears about 15 seconds+/-, then release both buttons. if still no joy, go into Settings>General>Reset then tap Reset All Settings. If still no joy, connect to your computer make backups of your stuff on the your iPod to the computer, then Restore to Backup last resort, Restore to New. If factory restore does not solve then contact Apple and have your iPod evaluated. Good luck, Cheers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.