Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X TM backup issue

To make a long story short, something got messed up with a project and files accidentally got deleted and I can't easily put them back (that's a whole other thing!), but in order to recover, I used Time Machine to go back to a version from a couple of hours earlier. Since I am recovering the whole library bundle, I thought all would be good, but when I checked the recovered bundle, the missing files were still missing! How could this possibly be? Shouldn't the bundle from Time Machine be absolutely compete as it was earlier in the day? Am I missing something very important about how Time Machine backs up a FCPX bundle? Very worrying if what I believe is a safe backup process has a major flaw like this in the way it works with FCPX.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), 3.4 GHz, Fusion drive

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 11:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 10:15 AM

Well, I tried going to an even earlier back up and that one seemed to work, so I am good, but I don't know why the one from 2 hours prior did not. I guess there was something about that one backup, so problem solved.

1 reply

Final Cut Pro X TM backup issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.